On Friday September 23rd, 2022, coinciding with the conclusion of National Postdoc Appreciation Week, we hosted the Inaugural Postdoctoral Symposium to recognize and celebrate the indispensable contributions of our postdocs to the community at Georgia State University. We will host the 2nd Annual Postdoctoral Symposium (tentatively) on Friday, September 22nd, 2023!
The 2022 symposium was attended by faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students and featured presentations (posters and talks) from 23 postdocs, representing 9+ departments and centers across GSU, and a keynote address from Dr. Jennifer K. Leavey of Georgia Institute of Technology. We received generous sponsorship from The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at The Graduate School, the Neuroscience Institute, the Department of Chemistry, and the Center for Behavioral Neuroscience and thanks to these contributions and a panel of faculty judges we were able to award several travel prizes for outstanding presentations.
- Office of Research and Development Award for Outstanding Poster Presentation
Di Pei, Public Health
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs Award for Outstanding Poster Presentation
Shatabdi Bhattacharjee, Neuroscience Institute
- Postdoctoral Association Award for Outstanding Poster Presentation
Ranjan Roy, Neuroscience Institute
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs Award for Outstanding Oral Presentation
Marlena Duda, TReNDS Center
- Office of Research and Development Award for Outstanding Oral Presentation
Kristin Lyles, Chemistry
- Postdoctoral Association Award for Outstanding Oral Presentation
Caitlin Friesen, Neuroscience Institute
You can read more about the event here and view all the abstracts here.
Credit to Shay Richards and Georgia State University.